Saturday 6 May 2006

A warning to Mr Blair

Well, election time over and Labour have seen a barrage of shots across their bows. Here's hoping that they might wake up to the thought that us tax payers aren't happy bunnies at the moment.

Here's a novel idea - as we're paying an incredible level of tax, how about giving a service in return? No, I know it doesn't work like that. Actually, it doesn't work. Period. In which case, if I get nothing in return for my thousands of pounds, can't I opt out of paying into this extortion racket, I mean, taxation?

No. Didn't think so.

Maybe I'll start a bonfire and burn next year's wad of thousands of pounds. A pointless exercise maybe, but I'll have the satisfaction that I'm not lining the pockets of our public servants.

Something that is REALLY worth sitting up and taking note of is the French theatrical event in Central London. How can any Londoner not have heard of the rocket that had crashed into the street? Or that there's an 11 metre high elephant roaming around town.

Well, especially for my readers in faraway lands such as Japan, Poland and Dagenham, here are a couple of photos I've 'borrowed' from the interweb.

No comments: