Dear lovely listeners, weloveplumstead has broken some important news. As I am getting lazy in my old age, here it is copy & pasted :-
There are several changes in the Busta situation that have taken place over the last few days which have been reported to weloveplumstead:
1. The developer/license applicant has reported to the Council his wish to change the name of the venue back to "The Ship".
2. The application is for a pub, not a nightclub.
3. The windows are now being restored; removal of the bricks commenced this afternoon.
In light of the above changes, along with the shortened almost-pub hours on the licensing application, the pressure to object and protest is significantly reduced. Residents of Wernbrook have even had a chance to chat with the developer/license applicant and he is clearly demonstrating a willingness to listen to and work with residents to live side-by-side peacefully.
If you are still concerned and would like to register your concern with the relevant authorities you can still:
1. Write a letter to Local Councillors and/or the Licensing Office as you see fit in light of the new developments.
2. Sign a the petition, which is available for concerned people to sign at the Chapter Two bookshop on Plumstead Common Road.
The pressure seems to be off and we should breathe a sigh of relief, but keep a watchful eye on the new Ship!
Please spread the word about these updates to concerned people.
Finally, a notice of the application hearing date should be released by the Council in a few weeks time. Please keep your eye out for that and be sure to come along if you can.