Monday 9 January 2006

Macs v PCs - whatever

Thanks to philhuk for putting me straight on the Mac v PC debate. I bow to your knowledge. Knowledge is a great thing to have and a greater thing to share. However, the techy talk is complete gobledigook to me and means nothing; I'm sure it makes complete sense to other IT bods and proves that Macs are an inferior product.

I know what I know and I know what I like.

It's the same if a car mechanic tells me about the workings of an engine. I want it to do its' job and to do it very well, I don't want to know how it does it.

Recently, I had a situation when a roofer came to quote on a job. He spoke with alot of knowledge and threw in alot of technical jargon to blind me with science. Unfortunately for him, architecture is something I know about. Of course, it would be silly of me to let on; that would spoil my fun.

What I must do though, is to read up on how to deal with Jehovah's Witnesses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

god bless you old chap.

p.s. I have an ibook.

Anonymous said...

oh yes, and on the JW thing. The trick is to invite them in and not them leave whilst hitting them with a barrage of questions. Eventually they will ask to leave and they will never knock on your door again.