Thursday 24 August 2006

The Ship Pub

Exterior works to The Ship Pub site seem to moving at a pace. A snail's pace.

Ah well, maybe it will be worth the wait. I'll look forward to my organic Masham sausages with miniature rosti, Kentish carrots and courgettes. Or in the case of a Plumsteadshire sushi bar, I'd like to put in a request for tuna tataki.

I don't like that they've bricked up the windows facing onto Plumstead Common Road. How did that one pass planning application? I thought the building is protected? I can only imagine this to be the kitchen to the Michelin 2 star restaurant, but then again, kitchens have windows too. I might pop down to Greenwich Council and visit their planning department.

Let's see if The Ship will open first or Wembley Stadium.

Nice to be back

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've heard it's going to be a pole dancing club...hence the bricked up windows. I wandered into a lovely pub the other week on the common - all the barmaids wear t-shirts with 'Bev's bitches' and a knuckle duster printed across the front...lovely family orientated pub. Must have something to do with that nice bald fella that lives in camelot castle.