Tuesday 16 March 2010

Severndroog Castle

Here's some wonderful news to warm our cockles on this fine Spring day.

Severndroog Castle, which is nestled in amongst the trees atop Shooter's Hill, has been awarded a substantial amount of money from the Heritage Lottery Fund to help it down the long road of restoration. The money, £595,000 no less, will go towards the formation of a visitor centre, educational centre and this is the bit I am particularly keen on, a tea room. Well, I find history lessons are so much more palatable over a cup of earl grey and cream bun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why I clicked on "tea room" perhaps living in Plumstead it's because there isn't one and I have forgotten what they are...but Betty's. I love Betty's. I used to live in Yorkshire and go with my parents and Great Aunt. In fact I love Harrogate, all of it.

Doctor Pangloss said...

I lived in Harrogate for a year and loved every minute. Betty's was kept as a place to visit on special occasions; there I discovered Masham sausages and don't think I've tasted a better banger since.