Thursday 21 July 2011

Plumstead Live!

I haven't had any time to write about the Plumstead Live! event last Sunday and don't really have time to do it now either, but just to say how much I enjoyed the music; every performance was top notch.

The Plumstead Sinfonia kicked things off in style and I was particularly pleased that they'd included some Philip Glass in their set. The kids from Plumstead Manor School were amazing, especially the acapella. Anyway, I could go on, but it would be a lot of repetition and sound like I'm patting everyone on the back for the sake of it. Not so. I genuinely thought all the music was brilliant. There was a group on at the end who were playing South African music (?). Really, really fab way to end the event.

Not Plumstead Live! but you get the idea.
A great pity the rain tipped down, but it didn't dampen the atmosphere at all. Fingers crossed that the weather will be good for next year's event.

I'm not too sure who were the event organisers, but Nick Day (of PCEG fame), seems to be a big player in this, so Nick thank you so much for putting on an incredible day of live music in The Shire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

has nothing happened in the shire since Plumstead Live! c'mon Dr P, I keep checking back here but nothing about happenings in the shire?