Tuesday 20 September 2005

Hello

I distinctly remember when Channel 4 broadcast for the first time, 20 odd years ago. Strangely enough, in a much much smaller way, I have that same feeling now.

My first blog post.

Plumstead Common is my area and I hope to blog about Plumstead and it's environs, and other random thoughts, for as long as I can. I rather like this area and with additions of a bridge and DLR to the local infra-structure, can see that Plumstead Common will change over the next few years (hopefully not for the worse); it'll be good to be a part of documenting this.


Anyway, as you can see, it hasn't changed all that much for the past 100 years though.

regards,
Doctor Pangloss


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dr. The full moon nearest the autumnal equinox (about September 23). Near the time of the autumnal equinox, the angle of the moon's orbit relative to the Earth's horizon is at its minimum, causing the full moon to rise above the horizon much faster than usual. Since the difference of the moon's rising time on successive nights barely varies, the moon appears to rise at nearly the same hour for several nights in succession. Because the harvest moon, like any full moon, must rise near the hour of sunset, harvest workers in the Northern Hemisphere may be aided by bright moonlight after sunset on several successive evenings. A similar effect is observed in corresponding southern latitudes around March 21. Just thought I'd let you know, and that you've got 2 a year to look forward to.

Doctor Pangloss said...

Thanks for this information. Knowledge is a great thing. I should've paid more attention in science lessons at school.