Thursday 22 September 2005

The Ship pub

My oh my. The building works at the Ship pub goes on.

I've heard two versions of what the final building will be.

One
That the building will be a number of flats (note that I never heard the word "luxury" mentioned within the description, even though this word seems to be included with every new development). Also, the developers are going to shoe-horn a house or two behind the existing building.

Two
That the upper levels of the building will be a number of flats (not luxury), and the downstairs will become an Italian restaurant. Hmmmm, I'm liking that idea. The good people of Plumstead Common could do with a decent eaterie.

Winter isn't far off. Will the building works stop for the dreary season?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The most recent planning application I could find on the internet suggests it is 'extension and conversion of existing public house to provide 5 x 1 bed flats and 1 x 2 bed flat and alterations to vehicular access' (Dec 2003) But I also heard rumours of a restaurant - apparently owned by Ablair over the road... I agree, a restaurant would be a welcome addition to Plumstead!

Anonymous said...

A pub would be nice.