Thursday 23 March 2006

Adidas +10

Hey, I've just a really surreal evening.

I was brushing shoulders with Beckham, Gerrard, Cisse, Lampard, DeFoe, Dyer, Ashley Cole, Arjen Robben, Damien Duff, Wright-Phillips, Gary Neville and some others, oh and also Jonah Lomu, James Cracknell, Ben Cohen, Jonny Wilkinson, Vernon Kay, Trevor Nelson and some pop people who I don't know.

Impressive eh?

"How?" I hear you ask.

I've been working on a football event for Adidas called +10 Challenge and tonight was the event night. It's been filmed for E4 or T4 and will be going out on television!!!!

My back-stage pass was ACCESS ALL AREAS.

Good eh?

I wanted to give Becks a few pre-World Cup words of encouragement, like "play 4-3-3 scissors and switch to sweeper in the final ten minutes" or "don't mess up punk", but thought that people get paid big bucks for managing a team, so not to give away trade secrets too cheaply.

Being a person easily star-struck, I really wanted to get autographs and photos but thought that it might be a tad unprofessional as I was sort of there working. I'll probably kick myself tomorrow but at the time, I kept saying to myself, "it's only Beckham, he's only one of the best free-kick takers in the World. He's only the England captain. He's only mega rich and mega famous."

To be honest, I was more in awe of Jonah Lomu. I'm sure he looks alot bigger on tv when he played for the all blacks.

No comments: