Wednesday 26 March 2008

Recycling

Recycling is very much down to personal responsibility, as is everything else if we're going to be a part of society. We'll do our bit and Greenwich Council will do their bit.

I can't fault the council's recycling and refuse services. I find washing and drying tin cans, yogurt pots, cartons etc a bit of a chore, but hey, there are 24 hours in the day. I just tell myself that it's all for the greater good.

The recycling centre opposite the PCR Co Op has been (quite literally), a tip. Like other LOVELY LISTENERS, I too have seen people rummaging for clothes and electrical goods, but for the anti-Plumstead brigade, I'll have to burst your bubble of melancholic woe and say that this happens in other boroughs too. Gadzooks!!!!! I know it's hard to believe that other places are as tawdry and bilious as Plumstead, but hey, I take personal responsibility and do my bit to improve things.

No comments: