Tuesday 8 March 2011

Woolwich regeneration

Even though I have a real camera, I love the lo-fi effects of taking photos on the telephone camera.

Back in the early '90s I had a LOMO camera, which was fantastic. It cost £15 brand new and was quite exciting to take photographs and have little control over the end result. The LOMO has had a bit of a renaissance over the past few years through their film cameras and smartphone apps, which is great as it injects a bit of chance to photography.

I like the thought that we (humans), like to think we can control everything, but actually, we can't, and shouldn't. A bit like that sentence actually.




footnotes
1 - There are other photographic developing & printing services available.

1 comment:

Plumstead Anonymous said...

Looks a bit like Beirut right now, but I'm sure it will all be worth it!